Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
- Carry out the role as National Goalkeeping Coach to at least one of the England Development Teams
- Contribute to all aspects of the Goalkeeping department’s activities, supporting the mission of ‘Unearthing, empowering and inspiring future generations of England Goalkeepers and Goalkeeping Coaches’
- Lead &/or support on a minimum of one of the FA Goalkeeping Qualifications
- Carry out the role of ‘Goalkeeping Coach’ in at least one of the Development Teams
- Prepare for and attend planning and review meetings for each event
- Collaborate closely with relevant clubs in regard to the Goalkeepers in your care
- Plan, deliver & review up to 3 Goalkeeping camps per season
- Attend club games and compile reports on Goalkeepers across the England pathway
- Lead or support the delivery of a minimum of one FA Goalkeeping Qualification
- Lead or support the Goalkeeping content development and delivery on the FA coaching pathway
- Deliver Goalkeeping specific modules on other mainstream courses when requested
- Collaborate with leads of other disciplines and courses to ensure aligned delivery across all areas
- Work with FA Education in the production and design of resources and experiences to inform and influence Goalkeeping across the game. (specifically focusing on support to the digital strategy and presence on social media platforms)
- Design & deliver regional Goalkeeping events
- Liaise with National team staff and Goalkeeping Department to ensure good practice is shared in both education and teams settings to optimise the quality of delivery in both areas
- Develop collaborative links outside football to ensure content remains contemporary and relevant to the demands of the future game
- Work as part of a team to develop an appropriate research strategy to underpin and inform future course development
- Contribute to the production of resources and articles for internal FA and external publications
- Familiarise yourself with the day-to-day responsibilities of the Goalkeeping Department and FA Education Department
- Complete FA Tutor upskilling program
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
- UEFA Goalkeeping A Licence
- Expert in the development of young goalkeepers and goalkeeper coaches
- Experience in practical delivery as a GK Coach with an elite team
- Excellent presentation, practical and theoretical delivery with the ability to use a variety of approaches
- Professional delivery background with the ability to write educational content to a variety of levels
- UEFA A Licence
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- Experience and evidence of translating academic content into practical delivery and translating practical experience into course content
- Experience of strategy development and working towards clearly defined KPIs
- Teaching qualification
- Experience of development of educational programmes in an academic environment to undergraduate level or in other elite sports
- FA Licensed Tutor
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.